The failures of being proud “Be proud!” I hear hurled from a window. “Be yourself!” Responds the street. No matter where I go, I’m told to be proud. Yet is pride really the be all end all of things? These days, we’re all vying for some kind of identity, so to follow a movement that tells us to be proud seems like an easy in. However, we’d be better off without fanatic pride. First of all, there’s the queer community, who’s basically claimed the word “Pride” by now. As a queer, pride month festivities are too much. Sexual orientation shouldn’t be a big deal, that’s the whole point of the movement. By putting ourselves on a pedestal, we’re separating ourselves. We need to integrate, not separate. As for the straights, they’re either blindly supporting us or blindly insulting us. What we need is better education. No pride required, it just brings separation. Second of all, there’s Canadian pride. There’s ...
BOOOOOOOO forgot to remove the background colour when you copy pasted it? what a loser
ReplyDelete